Tuesday 23 April 2013

Professor Desai: A Person who live for others



Just like any other day while going office, I boarded a train for Andheri from Wadala station. I got down at Andheri Station to catch a train to Goregaon. But it happened to be a rather different and  surprising day when I heard a loud and clear voice in the first class compartment of Borivli bound train. I was surprised rather amused to see a man with thick mustache and well dressed with a box in his hand begging in the first class compartment of a train.In a clear and loud voice and fluent English he started by introducing himself as "Professor Desai". He went on to add that he runs an NGO named as "Shlok Sansathan" that helps the poor children of couple of Indian States to get education. The whole organization runs on donation given by the people and he himself begs to collect money to achieve his noble dream. I started listening him with more and more attention. He had few newspaper and magazine cuttings from leading daily newspapers and magazines of Mumbai and in different languages - English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati. He waved them and showed the to people sitting in the train like flash cards by reading the headlines given on the paper cuttings in its respective languages  One cut out of DNA newspaper headlined "He begs to educate poor" made me remember that even I read it several weeks ago. I was happy to see that such people still exists who still think of others. He added that he and his organization started four fully functional English medium schools for poor children in the state of Maharashtra that too free of costs and one school is under construction in Rajasthan. He said that he will continue opening free English medium schools all over India. After finishing his great speech, he appealed people in the train to donate according to their will. He went one by one to each passenger and kept the donation box in front of them. Many people came forward to give a helping hand for such a pure, greed less and noble cause. I was the unfortunate one as I didn't have cash in my wallet to give my piece of help. I was feeling so bad that I didn't contributed any thing. My BAD LUCK. After that day every day I wish if I could see him and donate some money for this noble cause of free education to poor children. He is shaping the less fortunate young generation of India into the human beings who will capable to establish their names and India's name in future. I really SALUTE and BOW down in front of this great man Professor Desai. Wish if everyone could think for the good of others!!!!


  "Life is all about to live for others and not to live for one selves"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks 2016